Performance Criticism Mentorship by Corrie Tan, Resident Critic, ArtsEquator.com
How does it work?
You’ll attend six performances between September 2018 – March 2019. Within three days of watching each show, submit a 500-word review to ArtsEquator’s Resident Theatre Critic, Corrie Tan. Based on Corrie’s feedback, edit & resubmit the final review within two days for publication on ArtsEquator after the articles are approved for final publication by us. You may also co-publish the piece on your own blog/publication.
– The programme is open to Singaporeans/PRs who are above 18 years old.
– Previous experience in reviewing performances is necessary.
– The ability to write well in English is a prerequisite.
– The means and desire to contribute to the local arts writing scene in Singapore is a requirement.
– Knowledge or involvement in the Singapore arts scene is an advantage but not required.
– Bloggers, freelance writers, students and writers employed by offline or online media are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send the following to contact(at)artsequator.com
• Your CV.
• One sample of an unpublished article, essay or review you have written.
• One sample of a published written work by you.
• A brief outline (150 words) of how the training received will help you to contribute to the local arts writing scene in the future.
All applications must be sent to email@example.com by 5PM on 15 August 2018. The two successful candidates will be notified by 10 September 2018.
If you have any questions or need more information, email us: contact(at)artsequator.com