- We at ArtsEquator Ltd. are committed to safeguarding the personal data you have provided us and it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
- “Personal Data” is defined under PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access.
- We collect your Personal Data when you register for our services and events and/or when you visit our website at www.artsequator.com. We may also gather your Personal Data in connection with your participation in any activities organised by us, in your feedback or participation in surveys, market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling, trend analysis or other purposes (see below “Purpose”).
- We will collect your personal data in accordance with the PDPA either directly from you or your authorised representatives, and/or through our third party service providers (e.g. survey companies). We will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, unless an exception under the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
Consent of Collection of Personal Data
- By providing your Personal Data through any of the abovementioned ways, you have agreed to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Data by ArtsEquator Ltd. for any of the purposes listed herein.
Use of your personal information collected
- Your personal information will be held in our system. The data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes such as but not limited to:
- communicate with you, through mails, emails, text messages and/or fax messages, on news and offers from participating merchants and/or other carefully selected companies which we think may be of interest to you and which relate to events and programmes.
- customize, review, improvise and develop our products and services, to understand customer preference, behavior and market trends and any other purpose that we may notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent collectively referred to as the “Purpose”.
- Any other purposes that we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
Instances where we are required to share your information
- As for other purposes for which we may use, disclose or process your personal data that has not appeared above, we will notify you of such other purpose at the time of obtaining your consent, unless processing of your personal data without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
- In order run more smoothly and to fulfil the above-said Purposes, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations and/or sponsors, and/or other third parties whether sited in Singapore or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes. Such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations and/or sponsors and/or other third parties would be processing your personal data either on our behalf or otherwise, for one or more of the above-stated Purposes.
Specific issues for the disclosure of personal data to third parties
- We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us. In that regard, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following :
- Cases in which the disclosure is required or authorised based on the applicable laws and/or regulations
- Cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- Cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- Cases in which the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer;
- Cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest; and/or
- where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by the PDPA or by law.
- The instances listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. For more information on the exceptions, you are encouraged to peruse the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA which is publicly available at https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Act/PDPA2012
- Where we disclose your personal data to third parties with your consent, we will employ our best efforts to require such third parties to protect your personal data.
Access to and correction of your information
- You have the right to be informed about how we use your data. We cover all of the important points in this privacy notice but if you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
- You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or control by submitting a written request to us. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, so as to be able to deal with your request. Hence, please submit your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a request to access personal data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to respond to you within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your access request.
- For a request to correct personal data, once we have sufficient information from you we will :
- Correct your personal data within 30 days. Where we are unable to do so within the said 30 days, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can make the correction. Note that the PDPA exempts certain types of personal data from being subject to your correction request as well as provides for situation(s) when correction need not be made by us despite your request; and
- Upon successful correction of personal data, we will send the corrected personal data to every other organisation to which the personal data was disclosed by ArtsEquator Ltd. within a year before the date the correction was made, unless that other organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
- We may, if you so consent, send the corrected personal data only to specific organisations to which the personal data was disclosed by us within a year before the date the correction was made.
Request to withdraw
- If you decide to give us permission to collect and use your data, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, this might also mean that we will no longer be able to offer you certain services such as our weekly newsletter.
- You may ask us to delete the personal data we hold on you. We will consider your request and not reasonably refuse it. If we agree to your request, we will remove any information that identifies you as an individual.
- To make a request for any of the above, please email us at email@example.com.
- If you have opted-in to receive promotional and marketing-related communications, then you have the right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes at any time.
- If you no longer wish to subscribe to our weekly newsletter, please take the opportunity click ‘Unsubscribe’ or you can just send us an email to request to withdraw. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We use reasonable precautions to protect your data within our company. However, please be aware that no method of data transmission over the internet or method of electronic/cloud storage is 100% secure. We strive to protect the security of your information and if you feel the security of your data with us has been compromised, please contact us immediately.
Our contact details