Chow and Lin – Mentorship for Visual Artists 2019
Chow and Lin will like to extend an open call of mentorship for 4 aspiring and emerging visual artists from Singapore and Malaysia. We are looking for visual practitioners concentrating in the field of photography or video, with focus of being an artist. While there are no age guidelines, we are looking for early stage and emerging talented industry individuals. You can be a student or industry professional. We are limiting this up to 4 mentees, and they should be Singaporeans or Malaysians. They can be based anywhere.
Open Call: MMCA Residency Exchange 2019
Grey Projects is inviting applicants to apply for an artist residency in Goyang, Korea with National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (Goyang). The residency will take place between 1 September – 30 November 2019. This exchange will include open studio opportunities, a Cultural Excursion Programme by the museum and seminars. Accommodation and workspace, airfare and a modest production fee will be provided. Please note that the MMCA Residency Exchange is only open to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents.
Deadline for applications is 15 June 2019. More info here.
Open Call: Producers Social #20: Producing Clinic with Joe Sidek
The Producing Clinic is an opportunity for producers and artists with concepts and ideas for development to seek insight and advice from experienced producers and arts managers. Each clinic will involve an open call for applicants to submit their project proposals and/or existing project write-ups for consideration according to the remit of the clinic and the featured facilitator.
In this edition of the Producing Clinic, we hear from Joe Sidek, the Artistic Director of the Rainforest Fringe Festival in Sarawak and the former Artistic Director of the Georgetown Festival in Penang. Joe will share about how festivals programme and commission work and developing pitches that can catch the eye of festival directors. If you have a project that is ready to be submitted to festivals for consideration, do submit a pitch document and Joe will select up to 3 pitches to undergo the clinic with him at our next social in June!
More info here.
Applications Open for Arts for Good (A4G) Fellowship 201
In this third edition, the Fellowship will focus on the theme of “Creative Empowerment for Children and Youth”. We continue to take a multi-sectoral approach and invite artists, arts administrators, creatives and programmers from the social sector, who are passionate about developing young minds and are actively using the arts to make a positive difference in the lives of the young to apply!
Through the Arts for Good Fellowship, Fellows will:
– Build capacity and learn key skills and knowledge to run an effective Arts for Good initiative
– Connect with professionals from an international ecosystem that is keen in harnessing the arts for social change
In this edition, the Fellowship will comprise the following components:
– Online Webinars
– Two Exchange Programmes to two global cities:
- Singapore Exchange Programme (Oct/Nov 2019)
- Delhi, India Exchange Programme (Feb 2020)*
*dates to be confirmed by June 2019
Applications are open from 2 May – 16 June 2019.
More info here.
National Youth Film Awards: Call for Entry
Set up to promote and celebrate youth filmmakers, the National Youth Film Awards (NYFA) is a national award that seeks to instill a greater appreciation of film, fuel the passion for filmmaking, and generate opportunities to further develop and exhibit youth talents who are highly adept in their respective fields across the various aspects of filmmaking in Singapore. The NYFA call for film entries runs till 31 May 2019. It is open to Singapore-based media students and youths of age between 15-35.
More info here.
Singapore International Film Festival Call for Entries
The 30th SGIFF Call for Entry is now open: we’re inviting entries for Feature and Short Films, Southeast Asian Film Lab and Youth Jury & Critics Programme.
Find out more here.
INXO Arts Fund – A Funding Project for Cultural & Arts Creation
INXO Arts Fund – A Funding Project for Cultural & Arts Creation is organised by INXO Arts and Culture Foundation. INXO Arts Fund aspires to be the launch pad to accelerate broader artistic participation among new, young artistic talents in the region and to elevate artistic practice and production standards for advanced professional development. INXO Arts Fund serves as an enabler and multiplier of cultural and arts development for the young generation and in addition provides funding, conceptual and technical guidance, support and resources.
Since 2017, INXO Arts Fund has given out RM200,000 of funding and sponsored 26 projects, including performing arts, audio visual arts, documentary, community projects, photography and more. This year, INXO Arts Fund will also provide total grants of RM100,000 to 10 selected proposals (RM3,000 to RM10,000 for each proposal) and mentoring resource such as technical guidance, counselling and crowd funding tutorage.
Who is eligible?
Malaysian citizens of 18-35 years of age as of the submission year. All proposals are required to depict cultural or arts themes. No restriction on form or style except handicrafts, which must take the form of a physical object.
How to apply?
Download a copy of application form from INXO official website, fill in and submit it and the proposal to the website before 5.00pm, 15th June 2019(Saturday).
Artist Residency at Gateway Theatre
The Gateway Theatre Artist-In-Residence Programme supports artists who are keen to pursue their personal development as artists, are committed to developing specialised skills within their field, as well as committed to developing uplifting works that contribute to Singapore’s growing Arts Industry.
If you are an artist in performing arts, visual arts or music, want to develop a piece of work, an idea or a form, Gateway Theatre wants to work alongside you (you may choose to work in a group). More information here.
Open Call for International Artists by VinGallery
VinGallery would like to invite all artists from around the world to participate in the Vietnam International Art Fair 2020.
Date: 18 to 22 March 2020
Venue: Ho Chi Minh Fine Art Museum, Vietnam
Media: Oil/acrylic/water colour /mix media paintings
Deadline for submission: 30th May, 2019
More info here.
OH! Open House is looking for our next marketing and communications manager. You will be the craftsman behind communications initiatives and campaigns for the organisation, develop a variety of skills and have a hand in bringing art closer to the masses.
· Work closely with the curatorial team to strategise and execute marketing and public relations campaigns for all programmes
· Content creation and management of all marketing and communications materials, including EDMs, social media, online advertising and offline marketing collaterals
· Research and analyse market trends
· Manage public relations, including cultivating relationships with media representatives, crafting press releases, media monitoring and pitching
· Assist in sales, B2B outreach, and maintaining online listings
· Assist the team in execution of programmes
Admin Executive for Nine Years Theatre
We’re looking for the following full-time position, to start work in June: Admin Executive
We’re looking for someone who:
· Has passion in theatre
· Is bilingual in both spoken and written English and Chinese/Mandarin
· Possesses good speaking and writing skills
· Is independent, enthusiastic and pro-active
· Can work in a mobile office
· Is able to work flexible hours, including weekends during production weeks.
Interested candidates should submit an application immediately to mia[at]nineyearstheatre.com with the following:
1. A cover letter in both English and Chinese stating why you would like to work with us and in this position.
2. A completed application form (downloadable at https://bit.ly/2H66Twl)
3. Curriculum Vitae
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Programme Manager at The Substation
The Substation is looking for a Programme Manager with an interest in public and civic space. This role will support the conceptualisation and execution of current interdisciplinary projects and liaise with artists.
Responsible for the overall development, management and day-to-day coordination of programmes at The Substation. Including but not limited to production management, curatorial development, administration of projects, budget accountability, volunteer and intern recruitment and stakeholder management.
Role & Responsibilities:
Under the guidance of the Artistic Director, work with the programming team to develop an annual programme which fulfils the mission and objectives of The Substation.
Develop & plan a programming strategy
Produce the agreed programme including:
– Engaging relevant personnel and adviser
– Developing and nurturing an artists’ network
– Budgeting & funding proposals
– Participating in and occasionally initiating fundraising for specific programmes
– Relevant administration; accounts, stakeholder reports
– Application for relevant licenses
– Supporting marketing initiatives
– Submitting a written report at the completion of each project with a summary including outcomes and recommendations
Work with the Artistic Director to continually improve breadth and depth of existing programmes
Develop and nurture relationships with potential artists/representatives
– Coordinate with artists on logistics, enquiries and reminders where necessary
– Support and advise artists wherever appropriate.
– Meet with artists to plan and develop future projects
– Ensure that artists are available for all publicity requirements
– Arrange travel, accommodation and other ad hoc requirements for visiting Artists
– Maintain an accessible and comprehensive file for all Artists
– Coordinate with the Facilities Manager to ensure all venue and technical requirements related to the annual programme are thoroughly addressed
Maintain accessible and comprehensive files for the annual programme
The Programme Manager is expected to participate fully in the workings of The Substation as part of his/her role. This participation will include:
– attendance at weekly meetings,
– developing whole-of-organisation strategic plans,
– fundraising and
– working closely with marketing, accounts, operations and technical managers to ensure smooth operations.
Position closes 15 May 2019.
More info here.
Various roles at The Arts House Ltd
The Arts House Ltd. has several job vacancies. The following are a few of them. For more, click here.
Assistant Manager, Events Marketing
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Lead the event marketing activities for AHL festivals/ events
· Assist in building the festivals/ events strategy aligned to AHL’s objectives to ensure the festivals’/ events’ success and excellence in event marketing execution
· Build a strategic framework to social media management that meets AHL’s brand and business goals, social insights and content excellence
· Identify and develop event marketing and communications campaigns for festivals/ events which encompass mainly digital paid media, social media, email marketing, PR, festival branding, etc
· Develop content framework and promotional calendar including pre, during and post festivals/ events ensuring consistency of message across all communications
· Support and take charge of several social media accounts, curating the best in class content for fan growth and retention. Cultivate and nurture the fan base to grow a strong community, in turn maximising brand experience and engagement
· Conceptualise and craft social content that people love and connect with – sparking conversations, shares, likes and followers
· Experiment with new and existing content formats across stills, gifs, videos, contests, pools, livestreams etc
· Engage, interact and win over the community of followers, influencers and beyond – thus building brand reputation and trust on the social space
· Responsible for pre and post festivals/ events reports for each programme outlining feedback for general reporting, evaluation and review, establishing measureable tracking methods, identification and implementation of best practices in all aspects of festivals/ events planning process, execution and review
· Gather and analyse market intelligence, including market trend and consumer behaviour
· Work closely with PR and Programming to achieve business goals
· Responsible in assembling of financial forecast and budget creation for the festivals/ events marketing
· Maintain close relationship with Finance team to coordinate the management of marketing budget for festivals/ events including tracking of expenses, purchase orders, etc.
· Responsible in assembling of financial forecast and budget creation for the festivals/ events marketing.
· Maintain close relationship with Finance team to coordinate the management of marketing budget for festivals/ events including tracking of expenses, purchase orders, etc
More information here.
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Communications Strategy
· Deliver and develop a robust communications strategy and implementation plan which encompass PR and other communication vehicles, including new social platforms, video and other multi-media tools, and will be designed and developed based on research conducted to understand AHL’s multiple stakeholders and customers
· Develop communication strategies for delivery of corporate culture and business strategy
· Coordinate media interest in AHL and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
· Act as AHL’s representative with the media and develop strong relationships with media representatives
· Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities
· Establish and drive internal and external communications strategy that positively affects employees’ and customers’ understanding, engagement and commitment with the result of an even stronger connection to AHL
· Actively lead, coach and mentor the Communications team
2. Planning and Budgeting
· Develop the department’s strategic short and long term plan, and address critical issues in the communications area. The plan will set out objectives for each strategic area of the department and outlines plans and budget for achieving those objectives
· Drive continual process improvements and implement best practices to the smooth operations of the communications functions
· Keep abreast of the development in the field of communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance
· To carry out and assume any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the AHL Management
More information here.
Senior Executive / Executive, Communications
Responsibilities & Duties:
1. Media Management
· Collaborate with internal communications team or appointed agency to device PR plans for events and festivals
· Maintain close communication and liaison with appointed PR agency
· Assist in media invitation and managing RSVPs for AHL programmes
· Involved in media hosting during AHL programmes
· Responsible in crafting and disseminating of Media Listings for AHL programmes
· Planning and executing of Media Preview for AHL programmes
· Archival and Media Monitoring for the organization
· Maintain an updated media list
2. Corporate Communications
· Assist in preparation of communications materials for presentations to various stakeholders
· Manage filing and logistical arrangement for communications plans
· Assist to prepare an outline and content for AHL Communications Handbook
· Responsible for compiling AHL FAQs as part of the Communications Handbook
· Assist in conducting Corporate Collateral Audit
· Drafting AHL Corporate Boilerplate for use in Media Kits
· Draft and compile half-yearly and annual reports
· Ensure timely payments and processing of invoices and paperwork
· To carry out and assume any other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the Management
More information here.
Open Calls and Job Opportunities (Singapore) is presented by ArtsEquator.
Note: All information is correct at the time of publication. Please confirm directly with the organisers’ websites. If you have an open call or a job opportunity you’d like us to highlight, please email contact[at]artsequator.com.