ASIAN ARTS MEDIA ROUNDTABLE. 2019
Thursday, 23 May 2019
Friday, 24 May 2019
0900 – 1015
1015 – 1045
1045 – 1300
1300 – 1400
1400 – 1530
1530 – 1600
1600 – 1730
1730 – 2000
2000 – 2230
Registration at LASALLE College of the Arts
- Welcome Address
- Keynote Speech by Clarissa Oon (SG) + Q&A
Country Media Reports + Q&A
- Taisuke Shimanuki (JP)
- Phina So (CA)
- Pristine De Leon (PH)
- Nia Agustin (ID)
- Amitha Amranand (TH)
Moderator: Yuka Sugiyama (JP)
Presentations of Arts Media Models + Q&A
- Chikara Fujiwara (JP) – Ticket Sales + Sponsors
- ArtsEquator (SG/SEA) – Govt/State Model
- Sharmilla Ganesan (MY) – Mass ie. Broadcast/Print & Advertising Model
Arts Media Ecosystem Mapping Excercise
- Investigation to map the arts media ecosystem and where it sits within the. larger arts ecosystem. This exercise and the resulting document could be useful to frame future programmes.
* This mapping exercise is done in collaboration with ASEF.
Delegates to attend Performance :
- Civilised by The Necessary Stage or
- ST/LL by Shiro Takatani (SIFA)
Keynote will focus on issues related to the arts media landscape, with a focus on publishing, sustainability, new forms and technologies, spaces and practices, censorship etc.
Read Clarissa Oon’s bio here.
Each presenter will give a 20 minute presentation about the arts media landscape in their country.
Presenters will share about specific, real world arts media organisations and the different sustainability models used.
Saturday, 25 May 2019
1000 – 1100
1100 – 1130
1130 – 1300
1300 – 1430
1430 – 1515
1515 – 1615
1615 – 1700
1700 – 1800
2000 – 2200
2230 – 2330
Keynote Speech by Tetsuya Ozaki (JP) + Q&A
- Discuss areas of needs; areas of cooperation; areas of tension; areas of strength. Possible look at creating a code of ethics or joining an international critics association etc.
Open Discussion on Next Steps
Tea Break followed by Closing of Session
Delegates to attend Performance:
- Displaced Persons’ Welcome Dinner by Checkpoint Theatre (SIFA)
Keynote will focus the practice of critical reviewing, looking at trends, theories in critical discourse, new developments in the role of the critic, the relationship between critic and artists and artwork, etc. in a changing publishing and creative practice environment
Read Tetsuya Ozaki’s bio here.