- This event has passed.
Engaging Dramaturgs in the Devising Process 2023
August 5 @ 2:00 pm - September 20 @ 10:00 pm$400
Engaging Dramaturgs in the Devising Process is a 5-session course for artists with a practice in creating devised work for the stage and who are curious to explore and mobilise the dramaturg as a resource.
The course aims to build the devising artist’s understanding of the functions and uses of dramaturgs and to provide the artist with tools to optimise these collaborations. Participants will explore how to:
- match the right dramaturg for their project
- clarify the boundaries of what the dramaturg can be expected to do or not do
- customise the dramaturg’s role at various stages of the devising process
- prompt and sustain productive conversations with the dramaturg
- negotiate potential challenges or differences during the collaboration
Co-facilitated by Dr Robin Loon and Juliet Chia, the experience is designed to be hands-on and practice-oriented, through the use of discussions and role-plays. The course comprises a mix of group sessions and one-on-one consultations with the facilitators. Participants will also engage with supplementary materials such as readings and podcasts or other mediatized resources.
Not sure if this is for you? Join us for an online FAQ and briefing on 28 June 2023 (Wed), 7pm – 8pm. RSVP here.