- This event has passed.
An Introduction to the Dramaturg’s Work 2022
November 5 @ 10:30 am - November 26 @ 12:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:30 am on Saturday, repeating indefinitely
An Introduction to the Dramaturg’s Work is a 4-session foundational course that will provide an introduction and grounding for performing arts practitioners who are curious about or want an insight into the dramaturg’s work.
Conducted by Dr Robin Loon, this course aims to equip participants with an understanding of and familiarisation with:
- the brief history and evolution of the dramaturg
- the nature and scope of the dramaturg’s work
- different kinds of dramaturgs
- basic duties and responsibilities of dramaturgs
- standards and competencies surrounding a professional dramaturg
Participants can expect to engage in discussions based on prescribed readings and undertake individual/group assignment(s) in mock-dramaturgy case projects. At the end of the four sessions, participants should be able to:
- understand the work of a dramaturg and identify dramaturgical interventions;
- clarify if they need to engage dramaturgs and how to engage them in the creative process;
- discover their area of interest should they choose to pursue a practice in dramaturgy.
This is the third run of the popular Introduction to the Dramaturg’s Work course. Apply by 16 Oct at: bit.ly/IDW22course.