- This event has passed.
SDEA Drama Pedagogy: Essentials of Teaching and Learning Approaches (Feb-Mar 2020)
March 19 - April 20
An event every day that begins at 12:00am, repeating until March 24, 2020
SDEA Drama Pedagogy: Essentials of Teaching and Learning Approaches is the only part-time course focused on drama pedagogy in Singapore, and your chance to get pedagogically trained. Stand out as a drama educator and learn from some of the leading academics and drama educators in Singapore.
This 49-hour certification course provides you with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to help you create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for your students with drama.
The course results in a Certificate of Completion recognised by the National Arts Council and is the only part-time drama pedagogical course for professionals in Singapore.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students’ curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target groups
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- The course is suitable for educators with at least 2 years of classroom experience
3rd February 2020 – 24th March 2020*
*With a compulsory orientation on 20th January 2020
Feb: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 22, 25, 29
Mar: 2, 7, 16, 23, 24
Weekdays: 7pm – 10pm/10.30pm
Weekends: 10am – 5pm
Fee: S$1250.00, inclusive of admin and registration fee (subsidies and 5% early bird available)
Application: Download the form here and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Jan 2020, Sunday, 2359 hours
Venue: Goodman Arts Centre